You’ve planned your party down to the table settings, taken note of all the decorating advice you can handle, and invited your friends, family, and neighbors over for a casual backyard gathering on Memorial Day weekend. You’ve bought food for the grill and drinks for the red Solo cups. Now, don’t forget everyone’s favorite part of any party: dessert.
Don’t worry if you’re not a master pastry chef—with some recipes in your back pocket that are light on skill but heavy on effect, you’ll look like the culinary genius you want everyone to think you are. Check out these dessert recipes and choose one or two to serve at your Memorial Day gathering. These are the sweetest ways ever to end a party.
- American Flag Cake: This patriotic crowd-pleaser looks simple enough on the outside, with its fluffy white frosting and unassuming layer-cake appeal. But cut into it to reveal the bright red, crisp white, and proud blue of the American flag, and you’ll get a chorus of oohs and aahs. (And mmms.)
- Easy Summer Pie: Summer berries meet a cream cheese filling inside a prepared pie crust. It’s simple, foolproof, and a surefire hit.
- Barbequed Pineapple: While you’re manning the grill for the main course, why not make it do double duty by tossing on some marinated pineapple for a fresh, light dessert? The fruit caramelizes beautifully and can be served with ice cream on the side. Sweet, slightly smoky, delightfully different.
- Fruity Fun Skewers: It doesn’t get simpler, fresher, or more summery than these rainbow-hued fruits on a stick. Change up the fruits to suit your own taste.
- Fresh Southern Peach Cobbler: A Southern summer staple, peach cobbler becomes the main star at any table. At your Memorial Day gathering, this recipe will serve as a sweet reminder of all the goodness that awaits in the season to come.
You might also like: Nightlife Hotspots in Venice
Treat Yourself at Venice Toyota
Now that you’re armed with some great dessert ideas for your Memorial Day gathering, head over to Venice Toyota for equally sweet deals. We have tantalizing special offers on our competitively priced vehicles—on everything from brand-new Toyota models to used cars, trucks, and SUVs from a variety of other automakers. Come by our dealership to explore our cars in person and speak to one of our sales team members. They are standing by to help you score incredible savings on the vehicle of your dreams.