Listening to exciting stories read aloud and looking at the brightly colored pictures is often a child’s gateway into the world of reading, imagination, and art. At The Ringling Museum, the Ringling Order of Art Readers (ROAR!) seeks to offer kids an exciting and educational experience through stories and activities designed to engage their young minds.
This summer, the ROAR! program will offer two simultaneous story options—one geared toward older children (ages 4 to 6), one toward younger ones (ages 0 to 3)—for each family to choose between. Following the story, both groups of children will reunite in the classroom to complete a themed arts and crafts activity.
ROAR! Ringling Order of Art Readers
Here’s a quick glimpse at some of the exciting summer ROAR! series’ featured themes, books, and activities:
- Frogs: Story options are Jump! by Scott M. Fisher and I’m a Frog by Mo Willems, followed by making foam frog visors.
- Gardens: Story options are Up, Down, and Around by Katherine Ayers and The Little Gardener by Emily Hughes, followed by potting plants.
- Boats: Story options are Boats by Byron Barton and A River by Marc Martin, followed by building model boats out of pool noodles.
- Monsters: Story options are A Busy Creature’s Day Eating by Mo Willems and Quit Calling Me a Monster by Jory John, followed by making creatures out of clay.
- Food: Story options are Yummy Yucky by Leslie Patricelli and Nanette’s Baguette by Mo Willems, followed by making butter to eat on bread.
The family-friendly storytimes are free to attend, but they do require a ticket, which can be picked up in the museum’s Visitors Pavilion the morning of the program. Storytime starts at 10:30 a.m., and you can get more information online or by calling (941) 359-5700, ext. 3707.
You might also like: Museums to Visit in the Venice Area
Find More Than a Good Story at Venice Toyota
Venice Toyota’s low prices and incredible inventory may seem like the stuff of storybooks, but it’s all real. We have the complete lineup of brand-new Toyota models, including the hot-selling RAV4 and the ever-popular Corolla, as well as a vast array of pre-owned cars, trucks, and SUVs for sale on our lot—all in great condition and all priced to sell fast. Take some time to browse our offerings and do a little price comparing, and you’ll see that we offer some of the most amazing deals you can get anywhere in Florida. And the price you see isn’t even as good as it gets—because we have a great lineup of special offers that can bring that number down even further! Come see us today and let’s find your perfect vehicle.